Safety and Emergency
Manjusri Secondary views the safety of her students and staff as being of utmost importance.This importance is reflected in the school’s Safety Vision “ Responsible Manjusrians with Strong Safety Awareness”.
To educate her students, an annual briefing is conducted on safety related matters, particularly on road safety.
Common Causes of Accidents
Crossing The Road Safely
|Do not play or use gadgets like handphones, MP3 and PSP. Always be attentive and alert on road.|
|If there is no footpath, walk in a single file and keep close to the side of the road facing the traffic whenever possible.|
|Smart phones can make you do stupid things.||Keep your head up and your phone down while crossing the street.|
|Two students knocked down outside the school.||
It pays to be a responsible road user.Use the pedestrian crossings.
Pedestrian Road Safety
- ALWAYS USE PEDESTRIAN CROSSINGS
- RAISE A HAND WHILE CROSSING to alert motorists.
- USE FOOTPATHS and other walkways whenever possible.
- DO NOT CROSS AT ROAD BENDS
- DO NOT CROSS IN FRONT OF A STATIONARY VEHICLE AND IN BETWEEN STATIONARY VEHICLES.
- ALWAYS WAIT FOR THE BUS TO STOP COMPLETELY
- WALK IN A SINGLE FILE if you are walking in a group, always face oncoming traffic.
- BE SEEN, BE SAFE - light coloured clothing when walking at night, or carry some reflective materials so that drivers can see you from a distance.