Direct School Admission
Intro to DSA-Sec@Manjusri
Direct School Admission (DSA) scheme provides students with the opportunity to seek admission to a secondary school, based on a diverse range of specific academic and non-academic achievements and talents that they can demonstrate beyond the Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE). Primary 6 (P6) students who do not participate in the DSA-Sec will continue to seek admission based on their PSLE results through the Secondary 1 (S1) Posting.
Manjusri Secondary School admits
students through the Direct School Admission – Secondary Schools exercise
(DSA-Sec). Our DSA-Sec selection criteria is premised on the applicants’
aptitude and interests in either:
2. Chinese Dance; or
For more information in the DSA-Sec talent area, please click on the respective above link.
Application for DSA-Sec can be submitted through the online DSA-Sec Portal. The application is free-of-charge and will be open from 12 May 2020, 9am to 5 Jun 2020, 3pm.
For more details, please refer to MOE website –
Criteria and Selection Process
Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
Students who are successfully admitted to the school via DSA are expected to honour their commitment to the school, and participate in the activities related to the talent they are selected for from year 1-4.
Science and Technology
Applicants must be able to demonstrate an aptitude and interest in Science and Technology through one or more of the following ways:
- Participated in Science or Technology-related competitions, at either school or national level (e.g. Science quizzes, Design & Engineering fairs etc.);
- Sustained participation in Science or Technology related co-curricular activities (e.g. Robotics or Science Club, etc.);
- Participated in Science or Technology-related enrichment programmes (e.g. basic coding & programming, etc.).
Chinese Dance or Chinese Orchestra
Applicants must be able to demonstrate an aptitude and interest in Chinese Dance or Chinese Orchestra through one or more of the following ways:
- Represented the school in Singapore Youth Festival (SYF) Arts Presentation Performance;
- Represented school/external organisation at local/international Performing Arts event;
- Sustained participation in Performing Arts Co-Curricular Activities.
Only shortlisted applicants will be informed to attend a video conference which comprises of an audition and panel interview in July or August, upon which successful applicants will be offered a place in Manjusri Secondary School through the DSA-Sec exercise.